Entrance Examination for Mature Candidates for Admission in Bachelor of Divinity and Bachelor of Christian Studies
The candidate should have
- The minimum age of such candidates be 25 years.
- At least SSC/HSLC/SSLC passed
(Full Marks 100 and Pass Marks 40 in each paper).
Old Testament & New Testament 2 Papers
English Language & Composition 2 Papers
General Knowledge 1 Paper
History of India/Sociology/Indian
Philosophy/Political Science 2 Papers
Total 7 Papers
Medium of Examination: English (though the candidate later on can pursue his/her studies in Regional Language as per Senate rules)
- A candidate shall be given only two chances to pass the Entrance Examination.
- A candidate should appear in all Papers in the first sitting. No candidate shall be given credit unless he/she passes in at least 3 (three) papers in the first sitting securing 40% marks in each paper of examination. A candidate who fails to get credit in the first sitting will have to write all the papers in the second sitting.
- Date of Annual Examination: March/April in each year.
- Examination fee: As per the latest fees structure of the Senate.
- The last date of submission of Examination Entry form is 15th September and with late fees 31st September.
- The filled-up examination entry form related academic testimonials and the fees to be sent to The Registrar, Senate of Serampore College, P.O. Serampore - 712201, Dist. Hooghly, West Bengal on or before 15th September previous to the year of Entrance Examination.
- Self addressed Two unstamped envelopes 23 cm x 10 cm must be enclosed along with the examination entry form to get ones Admit Card, Examination Time Table and Mark-sheet.
- For Syllabus, write to the Registrar, Senate of Serampore College,
* For Examination Entry Forms- click here
- Candidate should be at least twenty-five (25) years of age and has passed tenth (10th) Class.
- The medium of examination is English only unless permitted to do otherwise.
- Credit will not be given unless a candidate passed in at least three (3) papers in one sitting securing 40% marks in each paper of examination.
- Candidates will be allowed two (2) chances to pass the entrance examination.
- Examination Fee Rs. 250/- per paper, Senate Centre Fee Rs. 100/-, Marks/Certificate Fee Rs. 250/-, Postage Fee Rs. 100/- and Late Examination Fee Rs. 200/- (up-to 31st October)
Late Fee Rs. 200/- if submitted after 15th October and before 31st October
- All fees must be sent by BANK DEMAND DRAFT only in favour of The Registrar, Senate of Serampore College.
- Drawee branch of the D.D. should be either SERAMPORE or KOLKATA
- The filled – up examination entry form along with the supporting documents and fees to be sent to the Registrar, Senate of Serampore College, P.O. – Serampore (712 201), Dist.-Hooghly, West Bengal on or before 15th October (prior to the year of entrance examination).
- FEES ONCE PAID ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Admit Card should be dully filled-up by the candidate.