Entrance Examination: Doctor Of Ministry
- Admission Requirements:
A candidate seeking registration to the Doctor of Ministry Degree course should fulfill the following requirements:
The Bachelor of Divinity or Bachelor of Christian Studies degree of Serampore College or its equivalent recognized by the Senate.
Completion of a minimum of 5-years' of experience in Christian Ministry after passing the Bachelor of Divinity/Bachelor of Christian Studies Degree.
(A letter to this effect should be produced from the Head of the Church Institution/Organization.)
(Post Bachelor of Theology experience of at least 5 years be considered as equivalent to 2 years post Bachelor of Divinity experience in full-time Christian Ministry.)
- Permission to study:
A formal letter granting permission to the candidate to register for the Doctor of Ministry programme should be submitted by the Head of the Church/institution/organization.
The Candidate is responsible to secure leave from his/her institution or church to attend the Seminars and engage in field research project and submit a letter from the authorities.
A candidate is expected to pass the Entrance test in one sitting and shall have not more than two chances to pass the examination with a B- grade.
There will be only one paper of 100 marks which will include areas such as
- General sensitivity to issues related to ministry and their interpretation.
- Sensitivity to issues of Church and society.
- Ability to comprehend a given text and interpret it.
- Submission of form:
The Application for admission to the Entrance Test should be received by the Dean of the Doctor of Ministry programme not later than 15th September each year.
- Examination Date: November – December previous to the year of Registration
- Medium of Examination: English
For Syllabus, other details and information, Write to Registrar, Senate of Serampore College, Serampore 712201. WB.
* For Examination Entry Forms- click here
- Centres for Comprehensive Examination:
The following centres are approved for appearing the Senate comprehensive examinations:
Please arrange to send a letter from the Principal of any one of the above mentioned Colleges agreeing to supervise your Examination.
- Aizawl Theological College, Aizawl.
- Eastern Theological College, Jorhat.
- Bishop's College, Kolkata.
- Union Biblical Seminary, Pune.
- Gurukul Lutheran Theological College, Chennai.
- Kerala United Theological Seminary, Thiruvananthapuram.
- United Theological College, Bangalore.
- All fees should be sent by bank demand draft drawn in favour of the REGISTRAR, SENATE OF SERAMPORE COLLEGE
- Late Fee Rs. 300/- if submitted after 15th September and before 30th September
- Drawee branch of the D.D. should be either SERAMPORE or KOLKATA
- All entries are to be filled in completely and legibly in english only since the data will be computerized.
- FEES ONCE PAID ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Admit Card should be dully filled-up by the candidate.
- The Senate reserves the right to accept or reject the Application.